Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The First Day of the Rest of my Life

That in a nut shell is what today is. My name is Lindsey M. I'm 18 years old and I am 5'2 and I weigh 220 pounds. Yep I just said it. I weigh 220 pounds. If any one is reading this my goal is to inspire others through my journey and to keep my self accountable on my journey.

A little bit about my self:
Well I'm a senior in high school. I am a life guard and swim instructor. I live with my dad. My mom passed away on December 8, 2012. She was 55 years old and my best friend. She had a heart condition that could never be cured but had she lost weight there is a chance she would have had 10 or even 15 more years on this earth with us. I need to lose weight so I can be around longer than she was. I need to get healthy to avoid this same fate for my self.

My plan:
After years and years of dieting I know all about what works and what doesn't. I'm going to make a combination of all the things that work to create my own diet plan. I'm going to be counting calories, fat, sodium, and protein. I'll be eating 1300 calories a day. I'll be eating a combination of lean proteins, whole grains, and fruits and veggies. But the beauty of counting calories is that I can eat almost anything in moderation. Moderation is the key word though. That is what I personally need to work on. I'm also going to work out three to five days a week. I don't want to bit off more than I can chew. Other wise I'll fail.

Below are my before pictures. It's really gross I know:

I am making a promise to my self that I will never look like this again.

If you like this blog post or have any tips for improving I would love to hear them! Leave them below in a comment! This is my very first blog post ever. And I have really put my self out there for the world to see. Please be kind in your words. Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment