Saturday, April 13, 2013

Running for Compassion

My biggest passion in life is helping others. One of the organizations I have chosen to do this through is Compassion International. Compassion International is a Christian child sponsorship program. It helps lift child out of poverty around the world.


My endeavor to lose weight is not only for me. I want to help others along the way. One way I want to do that is by raising money to running 5k's and 10k's and maybe even get to a half marathon and full marathon. My first event that I will be training for is going to be the BolderBoulder which is a 10k held every May in Boulder, Colorado. It is too late to run in this years race but I am planning on running in the May 2014 race. With in the next week or so I will be setting up a paypal account to collect donations to donate to Compassion International. My goal over the course of the next year will be to get in shape and be healthy enough to finish the race and collect $1000 in the process. I have not decided exactly where with in the Compassion organization the money will go but I can promise you that it will directly benefit and help the children served by Compassion. If any of my Compassion sponsor friends are reading this I would love to hear where you think the money should go. I will have this decision made by next month so that I can tell people exactly where the money they so generously donate will go!


Please support me in my endeavor to change the world by changing my life! Your financial support and words of encouragement will be the difference in the success of this run. You may donate per mile or kilometer or give a flat donation. Thank you so much for your donations and taking the time to read my blog! If you have any questions please leave them in a comment and I will be sure to answer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment