Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Healthy All Around

Not only am I starting a weight loss journey I also am going to be starting a skin and hair health journey. My ultimate goal is to be healthy all around. I want to come back from my freshman year of college (which will start in August 2013) being healthy and happy. I want to knock the socks off of everyone who doubted me and made fun of me for my acne, hair and weight! I live in a very small town where everyone knows everyone.

Skin Health Journey:
You might be able to tell from my before pictures but I have battled sever cystic acne for years. In the last six months with the help of a wonderful dermatologist I have gotten it under control. However, I still get breakouts and black heads (thankfully they aren't cystic acne breakouts any more!!). I need something to get my skin exfoliated and fresh without a ton of work. I have decided to purchase the Olay Pro-X.
This is the brush I bought. I got it fairly cheap off of Amazon.com
I am going to be using the cleanser that comes with it to start and then go from there depending on how well its working.

Hair Growth Journey:
I have very very very curly, thick, frizzy hair. Also since I work at a swimming pool it is very chlorine damaged. About two years ago I cut my hair that went to my waist up to the middle of my ears. It was very very short. And don't get me wrong I enjoyed it a lot but I am definitely ready for long hair again. As of right now my hair is 20" long. That is about to my collar bones when its wet. In order to have stronger healthier hair I am going to be using Patene shampoo and conditioner as well as a Pantene hair repair serum. I know in order for my hair to gain length it needs to be strong so it doesn't break. That is my goal through buying these products. I also would like to start using a hair mask. If you have any recommendations leave them in a comment below!! I would love to hear them. I also will be taking hair, skin, and nail vitamins as well as folic acid. These will both help with actually hair growth. 

On top of everything I'm doing for hair and skin health, I obviously will eating healthy and drinking lost of water. This will also help my hair and skin become healthy and radiant.

I will be updating my progress ever so often. 

Thank you so much for reading my blog! Again if you have any suggestions for me to better my blog please leave me comment! 

2 comments:

  1. I've heard good things about Organix Intensive Moisture Mask - Macademia oil, I get the more expensive professional brand personally (it's $33) but if you're just starting out this one is like $6. With the drinking water, a tip I have for you is to drink a glass of hot water with lemon in the morning (http://www.livestrong.com/article/215380-drinking-hot-water-lemon-in-the-morning/)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the tip and for reading my blog!!

    ReplyDelete